This product is for experienced, safety conscious Artisan Contractors working on residential, commercial and industrial new construction and remodeling projects. As a rule-of-thumb, an artisan contractor is in operation involved in 3 or less different construction trades, whose subcontracting costs are less than 40% of their total operation, with yearly gross receipts under $2,500,000. Also see General Contractors.
- Primary limits up to $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 Occurrence/Aggregate
- Basic, Broad or Special Form
- RC or ACV
- Business Income
- Contractors Equipment
Important underwriting points are applicant experience, assessing the scope and type or work performed, assessing the subcontractor exposure and loss history. Certificates of insurance should be obtained by all sub-contractors at limits equal or greater than that of the applicant.
- Work on airplanes or any aerospace exposure
- Work in oil refineries, petro-chemical plants or chemical plants
- Asbestos or other hazardous material removal or abatement
- Discontinued operations coverage
- West Virginia